BAR SUCCESS SCHOLARSHIP
The Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation’s (“EBGBF”) mission is to provide support for diversifying the legal community, which includes scholarship opportunities for law students. The Foundation is committed to increasing the number of students of color that successfully pass the California Bar Exam and subsequently practice law in San Diego County. These scholarship opportunities serve to assist students in adequately preparing for the bar exam.
The application period for EBGBF’s 2023 Bar Success Scholarship is open until April 28, 2023. We will notify selected recipients shortly thereafter. Please apply using the following application link: https://forms.gle/JoBR8PYVWWJ3NU9LA
In order to be eligible, applicants must…
- Be currently enrolled in, or have graduated from in 2022, a law school in San Diego County.
- Plan to take the July 2023 California Bar Exam.
- Intend to practice law in San Diego County.
- Have a Google email account.
Please be prepared to submit the following materials:
- A personal statement (500 words maximum) answering the following question: Once successful on the California Bar Exam, how do you plan to advance the African-American community?
- An up-to-date résumé
- An up-to-date Law School Transcript (Unofficial permitted)
- Two references.
Please email us at email@example.com.
Support Our Mission
The Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and gifts made to the Foundation are tax-deductible. Please click here to donate today.