BAR SUCCESS SCHOLARSHIP
The Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation’s (“EBGBF”) mission is to provide support for diversifying the legal community, which includes scholarship opportunities for law students. The Foundation is committed to increasing the number of students of color that successfully pass the California Bar Exam and subsequently practice law in San Diego County. These scholarship opportunities serve to assist students in adequately preparing for the bar exam.
THE 2021 BAR SUCCESS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to everyone who applied for and supported the EBGBF’s 2021 Bar Success Scholarship! The application is now closed. We will be notifying the selected recipients shortly.
In order to be eligible, applicants must…
- Be currently enrolled in, or have graduated in 2020 from, a law school in San Diego County.
- Plan to take the July 2021 California Bar Exam.
- Plan to practice law in San Diego County.
- Have a Google Account.
Please be prepared to submit the following materials:
- A personal statement (500 words maximum) answering the following question: Once successful on the California Bar Exam, how do you plan to advance the African-American community?
- An up-to-date résumé
- An up-to-date Law School Transcript (Unofficial permitted)
- Two references.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Our Mission
The Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and gifts made to the Foundation are tax-deductible. Please click here to donate today.
Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation
PO Box 124923
San Diego, CA
Phone: (619) 693-6050