Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation Annual Gala Awards Nominations Now Open!
Thank you for your interest in the Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation! Each year at the Annual Scholarship and Awards Gala, the Foundation presents awards to local attorneys, judges, and/or organizations that have been dedicated to advancing the mission and legacy of the Honorable Earl B. Gilliam.
If you would like to nominate yourself or an attorney, judge or firm, please submit a nomination application form.
Completed applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, October 10, 2019. The names of all nominators will be confidential unless permission is given for disclosure. A gmail account is required to submit this application. Mailed or emailed applications will not be considered, nor will incomplete or untimely applications.
The Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation Awards Committee will make the final determination on the award recipients and notify honorees by October 18, 2019.
For questions, please contact Robert Lincoln, Annual Gala Awards Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thurgood Marshall Legal Professional of the Year Award: An exemplary attorney or jurist who, over the course of a career, has demonstrated significant legal expertise, professionalism, and outstanding commitment to the legal profession or bench.
- Frederick Douglass Community Service Award: A legal professional who has made an outstanding contribution to the needs of the community (e.g. charitable, cultural, humanitarian, or educational).
- Commitment to Diversity Award (Corporation, firm, agency, or organization): Outstanding service over a substantial period of time in promoting and encouraging diversity within the legal profession or the legal community.
- Legal Trailblazer Award: Outstanding service by an established attorney who has demonstrated a significant commitment to serving the legal profession via excellence in practice, legal education, mentoring or community service. Awarded to a legal professional who has been practicing law for 10 or more years.
- Rising Star Award: Outstanding service by a new attorney who has demonstrated a significant commitment to serving the legal profession via excellence in practice, legal education, mentoring or community service. Awarded to a legal professional who has been practicing law for less than nine years.